Re: i386 problem

Roland Caßebohm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried till long ago running an eCos application on the PC target again.
> Everything was working fine, but the application won't run :-(.
>
> - Redboot is starting from floppy.
> - gdb connects via net and via serial line.
> - The application is builded for startup type RAM
>
> $ ecosconfig new pc
> $ ecosconfig tree
> $ make
> $ cd ex
> $ i386-elf-gcc -c -o hello.o -g -Wall -I../install/include
> -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections hello.c
> $ i386-elf-gcc -nostartfiles -L../install/lib -Wl,--gc-sections -o hello
> hello.o -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib

> target remote 192.168.1.155:9000
> load
> b main
>
> -->
>
> nothing is happen!
>
> I have set a breakpoint at "hal_platform_init".
> I can step till:
>
>     // ISR table setup: plant the default ISR in all interrupt handlers
>     // and the default interrupt VSR in the equivalent VSR table slots.
>     for (vector = CYGNUM_HAL_ISR_MIN; vector <= CYGNUM_HAL_ISR_MAX; vector++)
>     {
>         cyg_uint32 index;
>         HAL_TRANSLATE_VECTOR( vector, index );
> here >> hal_interrupt_handlers[index] = (CYG_ADDRESS) HAL_DEFAULT_ISR;
>         HAL_VSR_SET( vector, &__default_interrupt_vsr, NULL );
>     }
>
> but after vector is 70, the application stops at this line.
>
> (the same over serial line)
>
> Does anybody know what's going wrong?

Afraid not off-hand, but since interrupts should be disabled at this stage
of initialization, these lines shouldn't be problematic. But just supposing
interrupts are enabled, then it should be the HAL_VSR_SET that would make
it go wrong. Vector 70 should be unused, but perhaps there's something else
using it. Perhaps see where it is pointing at before it crashes.

And make sure you're using an up-to-date redboot image (e.g. from
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/ )

Jifl