Re: Porting trouble

On Friday 24 May 2002 11.28, Carles Perello wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 10:55, Christer Kaivo-oja wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am currently trying to make a platform port of eCos onto a strongarm
> > 1110 board (Keith & Koep's Trizeps board). Now, I'm having trouble
> > getting started...
>
> I am doing more or less the same on an own designed board. What I do is
> to set/clear on output GPIO that I can see with an oscilloscope.
>
> Check the output dissasembled code prior to flash writing to check
> vectors. Put a GPIO loop on <start>. Make sure the board has thi rigth
> ROM_SEL and SMROM_EN signals (if you start from ROM that is).
>
> hope this helps
>
> carles

Well.. The thing is, The only way I have to download stuff to the board is
using the pre-installed monitor, which requires me to use BOOTP to download
stuff onto the board, so I'm not really using ROM.. I have a diode ramp set
up on a I/O port on the board which is directly mapped into memory
(0x19800000). So If I'm able to write to that address, I will easily see it.

But I'm not getting anywhere.. What I'm doing is this:

> ecosconfig new assabet stubs
> ecosconfig tree
> make
> build.boot.elf install/bin/gdb_module.img gdb.hex
(this build-boot thing is what converts the elf binary to the format needed
for the bootp transfer)

Unfortunately, there is no disassembler on the board, so I can't really see
what code is being run (other than in hex format... Where or how can I find
the hex codes in the .img or .bin files?)...

My flash-the-diodes snippet looks like this:
        mov r1, #427819008
blahblah:
        ldrb r2, [r1, #1]
        mvn r2, r2
        strb r2, [r1, #0]
        b blahblah

(The code is tested in standalone environment, so it works just fine... It
reads from a switch-ramp at 0x19800001 and writes the (negated) data to
0x19800000)