Re: Regarding Floppy Startup

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 08:06, George Mathew wrote:
>       3]  This transfered image is stored in the RAM of the target
> at first.Now the programmer is
>           responsible for redirecting it to the correct storage
> media  like ROM/flash  ..using the
>           "fis"   command
[snip]
>        Now i tried to do the same thing with Floppy startup.But
> it's not working..since i386 platform
>        not supports "fis"  command I'm not able to go further.

There's no fis command, because it's used for programming flash. And
PC's generally don't have user accessible flash areas.

On a PC you have to put your application image on a floppy disk or on
the hard disk. Alternatively, you can put RedBoot on the floppy/hard
disk, and use its scripting to automatically download the application
via ethernet on boot.

Jesper