Redboot flash commands not available

This should be easy, but I can't seem to figure it
out. The RedBoot that I build doesn't have the "fis"
command, while the pre-built version
(redboot_RAM_40.img) off the web page does have it.

Building RedBoot for 40mhz MBX860. Using windows
config tool 2.08, and a CVS snapshot of 2.0 from a
couple of days ago.

In the GUI, there is "AM29XXXXXX flash memory
support", but it is grayed out, and the devices under
it are gray and un-checked. Elsewhere under Redboot
ROM monitor, "Allow RedBoot to support FLASH
programming" is gray but checked. The way I interpret
the "implements" and "requires" fields, I need to be
able to check "AMD AM29F040B flash memory support",
and that will in turn activate "Allow RedBoot to
support FLASH programming."  But how do I check the
gray box? The "packages in selected template" includes
both "FLASH memory support for .... MBX" and
"...AM29xxxxx flash memory".

(Actually, this is a secondary problem. The one before
it was when I use redboot_RAM_40.img from the web
page, I get:

RedBoot> fi init -f
About to initialize [format] FLASH image system - are
you sure (y/n)? y
*** Initialize FLASH Image System
   initialization failed 0x00000000: 0x7(FLASH
sub-system not initialized)
   initialization failed 0x00000000: 0x7(FLASH
sub-system not initialized)

...but I need to look up the code "0x7" in the source
when I'm back at work. I thought my 120ns flash was
too slow, so I edited mbx.S to add more wait states,
but this lead to the first problem above where "fis"
is not a recognized command.)