Re: Success with AT91EB40 and RedBoot!

> > set *0xffe00004=0x02002001
> >
> > I do
> >
> > set *0xffe00004=0x02002021
>
> This is good to know when I move to the EB40a...

Even though this setup worked for me, Atmel says to use 0x02002525.
That is 2 WS and 2 data hold clocks.

I'm going to try to just stick some blinking LED code in the hal right
at the start to see if I can get anything to run on the board.  I know the
board works because I was able to use some of the windows eval tools
they sent to write "hello world".

> The thing that concerns me about the EB40a is that, well, it's not an
> EB40. For example, the EB40 is equipped with an AT29LV1024 flash and the
> EB40A AT49BV1604 flash. Without sifting through the data sheets, I'm not
> sure if the write algorithm for these is the same.
>
> Also, the memory maps are different betweent the EB40 and EB40A. The upper
> half of Flash in which RedBoot is download is at address 0x01010000. In
> the EB40A, this adress is somewhere in the middle of the Angel Debug
> Monitor (which resides at 0x1006000-0x1011fff).

Right now, I'd be happy if redboot would run from RAM.  I'll worry about the
flash later.  I wish there were some way to verify the contents of the RAM
against the elf/bin/srec on the host to make sure everything got uploaded
correctly.

-tim