Re: something unclear about CVS

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 02:50, peter_ku wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I should use the CVS earlier!! thanks a lot, Gary.
> After I use CVS , I have something unclear.
>
> 1. ecos / net /  snmp ??
>  After I execute "cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos"
> , there is a /pckages/net folder in my directly
>
> Why should I continue to execute "cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos" ? I see this still update the /packages/net.
> what is the difference between this two net?

Your question isn't very clear (I don't see any difference between the
two commands).  The important thing is to let CVS update the whole tree,
which is significant - some 6000 files!.

> 2. After all update finished (ecos, net , snmp), how do I know which version I use currently? Use the ConfigTool, the version is always "current"
> I know I can check ChangeLog, but each sub folder have their own ChangeLog file, is that the only way to check?

Version "numbers" are a bit confusing here.  eCos was designed to have
stabilized "releases" in which the "current" directories were renamed
to indicate the version.   In this way, a single source tree could
contain multiple versions of eCos.  However, at this time, the only
version available is the most current (hence the name) from CVS.

You can get version and history information for any file in the
repository using CVS commands.  Just try this on a file:
  % cvs log <file>