No ROM monitor - How to test my code

Hi all,

I'm porting eCos on a board based on an ARM7TDMI.(Flash, RAM, 2 UART,
Ethernet)
Software/Tools: Windows NT, Config tools 1.3.1.3, Cygwin, Insight 5.1, JTAG

I've written two drivers : one for Flash memory and an other for serial
port.
I've tested the basic of the serial drivers with serial1.c, serial2.c and
serial_echo.c. That works fine but there are problems with the debugging
environment. In fact there is nothing in the Flash and I didn't find how to
configure virtual vectors.

I have following questions:

    * Is it possible to run in RAM an aplication with GDB in the HAL? (with
correct initialisation of virtual vectors)

    * I would like to test the serial driver with a correct environment of
debug but I didn't find the good configuration of the config tools. I want
to compile and run "serial1.c" in RAM and to display message like
"CYG_TEST_PASS_FINISH("serial1 test OK")" in the console. Does anybody have
an idea? (I have to configure the virtual vectors but there are no ROM
monitor.) I try something but now, I'm receiving in the Hyperteminal the
following message:
"+$O496E69742064657669636520272F6465762F74747964696167270A#C2"
and it blocks in the "static cyg_bool cyg_hal_plf_serial_getc_nonblock(void*
__ch_data, cyg_uint8* ch)" function. The origin of this error come from the
call of "cyg_hal_invoke_contructors(void)" during the initialisation.

    * Does anybody have an idea to update the Flash memory? Is it possible
to run Redboot in RAM, in the aim of update the Flash memory, everything
with no ROM Monitor?

Thanks in advance,

Tristan