problem with CF card not ready & problem with [xyz]modem

Hi,

I'm trying to permanently install ecos/redboot on my ipaq. I have been
using the instructions on
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/ipaq.html

I have managed to get ecos installed and running in RAM and managed to use
GDB to load an app and run it. I am unable to install redboot permanently
and I have encountered problems trying it in two different ways.
Either way, I'm getting stuck at the load command (ie. trying to get
redboot.bin loaded onto the ipaq). I've tried using minicom with
[xyz]modem:

lo -r -b 0x100000 -m xmodem (or ymodem or zmodem)

Then I type Ctrl-A s to select and send the file and nothing happens. For
whatever reason, the file doesn't get transferred, and minicom sometimes
shows me gobbleygook which I think is GDB debugging statements that
minicom doesn't understand.

I then went out and bought a CF ethernet card, (the low-power ethernet CF
card from Socket Communications). Now, I can't get this to work either.
When the card is installed and the Windows CE environment is running, I
can ping it, so I know the card is working. But, ecos cannot seem to get
the CF card in a ready state. When I boot ecos with the card in the
PCMCIA adaptor in the expansion slot, it says '.CF card won't go ready',
then it says 'No network interfaces installed'.

So, two strikes and I'm getting frustrated. Can anyone offer suggestions
for either getting the file loaded through minicom and [xyz]modem or
getting the CF ethernet card working so that I can try minicom and
tftpboot?

Also, OSloader only seems to load ecos/redboot about 1 in 5 times I try.
The rest of the time, it dies when click on the 'Run after loading from
file' menu option... Arghhh!

Thanks in advance...
Celine

Celine Latulipe