Re: problem with CF card not ready & problem with [xyz]modem

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 09:14, Celine Latulipe wrote:
> I've set up minicom so that I type in the file name. So, at the redboot
> prompt in minicom I type:
>
> load -r -b 0x100000 -m xmodem
>
> Then I type Ctrl-A S to send files and select the xmodem protocol and then
> I type in redboot.bin.
>
> Minicom tells me:
>
> Sending redboot.bin, 1438 blocks: Give your local XMODEM receive command
> now.
>
> Then it just sits there for awhile doing nothing and eventually I get this
> message:
> Xmodem sectors/kbytes sent:  0/ 0kRetry 0: Timeout on sector ACK
>
> At this point I get fed up and press Ctrl-C because it's obviously not
> doing anything...

How long was "a while"?  You probably need to let it do this, at least
once, before the two ends get synchronized.  However, it should be less
than 10 seconds total.

If you give RedBoot the "load" command, but don't do anything with
minicom, what happens?  You should see a string of "C" characters come
out, about one every 3 to 5 seconds.  This tells you that RedBoot is
ready to accept the X-modem data.