Re: simple eCos profiler

Hi Rich.

This looks similar to the one i wrote a few years ago for eCos. Its
sitting in the ecos-discuss archive somewhere. That was for the
EBSA285, but could be easily ported to other targets. I find a
profiler useful at times, so it would be good to get something
incorporated.

> I would like to get at least hooks for this into the main tree.  It
> will not slow down eCos, it will be conditionally compilable.  I
> can do the CDL if requested.  How do I get it into CVS?

Post the patch to ecos-patches. We the community can then take a look
at it and decide what needs doing to make it incorperatable, eg cdl,
making it more generic etc.

> -Rich
>
> P.S.  hal_ctrlc_check gets called a LOT and seems to get called
> more, the more pings I send it.  I haven't debugged this to find out
> why, but it's perplexing.  Anybody know what is going on with it?

This function acts as the interface between the application network
stack and redboot. Each packet received by the application is passed
down to redboot to let it decide if the packet is actually for the
redboot stack, not the application stack.

        Andrew