Re: PCMCIA ethernet driver package

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 01:59, AL Chane wrote:
> Has anyone tried PCMCIA ethernet driver package? I tired this package
> on an i386 target. No errors on building library. But errors showed when
> complile
> with an application.
>
> Does eCos support for PCMCIA on i386?

Not currently.  PCMCIA support (like many of the device drivers)
is split into generic and platform specific portions.  There is
no platform specific driver for the PC (partly because there are
so many and we never needed them for what we did).  To get the
PCMCIA *anything* to work on a PC, you'll have to write the platform
driver stuff for it.  It's not hard - just the details that describe
things like how to address the slots, turning on the power, etc.

Sadly the only documentation is in the drivers themselves.  Look
at devs/pcmcia/... for the platform details and io/pcmcia/... for
how the generic driver interacts with them.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |