Re: Ipsec Support in eCos

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 05:51:32PM +0530, Ramanujan Puranam Tandalam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thankyou for the reply.
>
> As far as I remember some algorithms involved in IPSEC like DES, MD5
> were opened for redistribution, may be other algorithms were not like
> 3DES, Tiger, Blowfish etc.
>
> So does this mean that we cannot develop IPSEC feature to be supported
> for eCos.

You can develop it, but it probably cannot be integrated into the
tree. But there are other servers, outside of USA that can be used for
distributing IPSEC code. The best approach would be to make ipsec an
eCos package, like the OpenSSL package. Users who want it can then
just install the package to the tree.

> Other than security issues, is there any further limitation from
> eCos OS point of view like requirement of calculation of 128 bit
> keys etc.

Calculations like that are not a problem. OpenSSL does them etc.

       Andrew