IDE support in eCos

In the NEWS file located in ecos/src/ecos/packages, it states;
* Added support for loading files from disk. Currently supports IDE drives with Linux EXT2 filesystems.

Does anyone know what eCos package this support is located in and what support is offered? I can't find it...

I'm looking for simple file open/read/write/append etc.. functionality for compact flash connected as an IDE drive on an X86 SBC. I see some minimal support in Redboot... It's seems odd that there would be all kinds of support for Ethernet devices, but no support for an IDE Drive especially with the growing availability of Compact Flash disks on single board computers...

Thanks in advance!

Kris