Help with package addition

Greetings.

I am attempting to write a network driver for eCos v1.3.1.
I wish to know what is the procedure for adding the driver as a package in to
my ecos tree.

This is what I have gathered so far (I'm not getting into details):

1. The ecos.ecc file has to contain a new cdl_package.
2. The relevant cdl file in the appropriate location must be populated with
driver specific component details.
3. The ecos.db must be updated with the cdl_package details.

I have no problems with the first two steps.
ecosconfig reports no conflicts and all is well.
I am allowed to add my package comfortably and select all options my package
offers as per the design of the package.

However, if I wish to create a tree using
`ecosconfig --config="$ECOS_REPOSITORY/config/ecos.ecc" tree'
I get the following error:
couldn't read file (ecos.db) no such file or directory
Invalid package database.

What am I missing ?