Re: ecos update from Redhat

[...]
              ^
  http://mind.be (please note .be instead of .de)

> of at the moment,.... So if you need a support contract etc, that is
> not a problem.
[...]
> Im not a marketing person, but i've heard that the prediction that for
> deeply embedded systems, Linux usage will decrease and eCos will
> increase is becoming true.

As stated e.g. in a recent linuxdevices publication, we see this trend
explicitely in projects we sell. Yesterday again, I was talking about a
project where the new ASIC design would include 2 hard cores, one with
the real-time task on eCos and one with another OS. With the advent of
multiple hard- and softcores per system (be it ASIC or high-end FPGA),
I see the trend towards separate real-time OS accelerating (rather
than taking the complexity of trying to do the real-time tasks and
the higher level tasks together on one CPU, with e.g. Linux-RTAI;
Linux-RTAI also has its applications, but for other projects).
[...]

Peter

--
Mind: Embedded Linux, eCos and JVM Development in Europe
(http://mind.be)                   tel:  +32-16-30.96.66