Re: Spam on list

David N. Welton wrote:
The Apache Software Foundation lists work pretty well.  Members can
automatically post, and non-member posts go to a moderator where they
have to be approved.  Moderation takes nothing more than hitting
'reply to', usually.  And if you reply to the correct address, that
person has posting rights in the future, automatically.  We use ezmlm
to do this.

I volunteer to moderate, if someone is needed - I already do it for a
Thanks for the offer, but I don't think the problem is bad enough to require moderation.

However, I do wonder (out loud, and sources.redhat.com overseers CC'd) about linking a system like SpamAssasin to some sort of robomoderation scheme. i.e. if it scores badly with SpamAssasin, it isn't rejected, but instead a message is sent to the user to confirm the mail is legitimate. If it always catches a certain user due to their e-mail address or some other reason, there could be a whitelist.

So, David, if you're willing to spend time, that might be a useful way to do it, beneficial to all the sources.redhat.com projects!

Jifl
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine