Re: red hat annoucement about eCos drop

On Friday 27 September 2002 12:22 am, patrickgeremia@netscape.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been looking at eCos at a potential RTOS for my application but some
> of my collegues said that eCos was no longer part of redhat strategy. What
> will happen to eCos? Will development stop? I heard version 2.0 was
> ongoing. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Red Hat GPL'ed the code (with some modifications that make it BETTER than the
GPL) and several companies work with it.  My company is one of them and there
is of course eCosCentric which are the original developers of eCos.

In my opinion, the best thing that could have happened is RedHat dropping eCos
because the new license is far superior to the original one.

-Rich