Re: which priority will suit rtc clock?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 03:39:45PM +0100, Qiang Huang wrote:

> If irq is being processed, should the rtc interrupt still work?

Depends on the irq being processed.  Probably not.  Unless I
have to I don't nest IRQs.  I've only had to twice in the past
20 years [that I can remember].

> If so does that mean the rtc interrupt priority should be the
> lowest compare to other irq.

The "priority" may or may not have anything to do with whether
one irq can interrupt another irq.  Often, an interrupt's
priority only matters when two interrupts happen at the same
time, the priority determines which gets serviced first.

Perhaps I'm being forward, but I think you should read a book
on operating system design.  You'll learn more faster that way
than asking questions on mailing lists.  We're happy to answer
questions about eCos until our fingers fall off, but you seem
to be missing some of the basic concepts on which the answers
are based.

I haven't read it, but everybody seems to like:

  MicroC OS II: The Real Time Kernel
  Jean LaBrosse
  CMP Books
  ISBN: 1578201039

I've always liked Doug Comer's Xinu book, but it covers more of
a traditional Unix style OS rather than an Embedded RTOS.  My
old copy is PDP-11 oriented, but the newer editions have been
re-written to use the Wintel PC as a base platform.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com