Recommended gcc version - ecos / XScale

Hello,

I am involved in porting ecos to a pxa-250 based board. I started off from the
IQ-80321 port, as this is the only pxa-250 port in the current cvs tree of
ecos.
The .cdl file for that board assumes that the cross-compiler understands the
-mcpu=xscale flag, but this flag has only been supported as of gcc 3.0.
On the other hand 3.x versions of gcc can't handle the compilation of ecos.
Therefore, I was wondering which gcc version is currently recommended for ecos
development on pxa-250 ?
I now resorted to gcc 2.95.3 with target=arm-elf and removed the -mcpu=xscale,
but this will leave out any xscale specific optimisation.

Regards,
David Mazur
--
Mind: Embedded Linux, eCos and JVM development in Europe
http://mind.be                        tel +32-16-309.666