eCos 1.3.1 to eCos2 problems

We have been using our eCos 1.3.1 port for our ARM based ASIC for about
two years, and it has worked great.
Now we are trying to move on with eCos2. We checked out the sources two
weeks ago, but we have problems with the stability. We had to fix solve
some porting issues, but I believe we sorted them out.
Some questions remain:

* We couldnt get the 'USE_BUFFERED_IO' cdl option to be enabled. If so we
got asserts when eCos is invoking the global contructor of
stdin/stdout/stderr (some StdStream object calling its superclass
io_buf(..) I think). Is this a known issue? We tried to change the
constructing order, but it didnt help.
* After running our system for some time (approx a few minutes, sometimes
longer) it suddenly crashes in mysterious ways. Is there any known
problems with the stability right now with the ARM target? When the crash
occurs, it crashes always in the same line of code and the memory seems to
be trashed (stack overflow? wrong memory layout?). But when using eCos
1.3.1 the crash does not occur. We have tried alot of testing it it really
seems like its eCos2 which is the problem. Is there any other issues to
take care of when moving from eCos 1.3.1 to eCos2. I havent found any
'eCos1.3.1--->eCos2 guide' document. (new cdl options needed etc?)
* We have tried GCC 3.0.2, GCC 3.0.4 and GCC 3.2.1 (using binutils 2.13.1,
newlib 1.10), with the same results. We compile GCC with the arm-elf-gcc
target. What is arm-ecos-elf-gcc? Is it needed, in that case, why?
Please help if you can!
Best Regards,

Fredrik Hederstierna
WeSpot AB