Re: Target IO

At 12:32 19/12/2002 -0800, you wrote:
Target: PC
If I run a program through GDB, the target IO goes to
GDB console: it prints on GDB console.
Since my target has a VGA screen, it would be nice
to keep the target IO on my VGA screen, the maintain
the GDB session on the serial.
How can do that? Which part should I look at?
Thanks in advance.
Max
Here's something I produced some time ago...
Pete

To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] To use the PC target screen/keyboard

With i386 target I took the default ecc file and changed the
following macros in the 1.3.net configuration tool:

CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN                                             True
CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE                      False
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_COMM_CHANNELS                      3
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL                    2
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL_DEFAULT    2
CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN                                             False

You can search for these using the Find button on the Toolbar.

Then I did:

  Build | Clean
  Build | Library

Then I remade my application to link with updated
kernel configuration.

So now for example, printf() goes to PC screen,
scanf() comes from PC keyboard.

Thanks to Jonathan Larmour for his help