RE: how to interpret the *.mlt file? thanks a lot

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 06:48, Qiang Huang wrote:
> Thanks a lot Robert
>
> The *.h and *.ldi file are generated when making a ecos configuration. (and
> by the *.mlt definition). so manually editing the *.mlt file is needed,
> could anyone give some detail about each entry in the *.mlt file? Thanks a
> lot

This is not true.  The [old] ConfigTool used the *.mlt file to represent
memory sections (MLT = Memory Layout Tool).  When using it, it would
generate the *.h and *.ldi files which corresponded to the *.mlt file.

The *.h and *.ldi files are assumed to exist when you create your eCos
configuration (i.e. start to build a kernel).  They are neither created
nor modified during this process.

Since we don't have a working MLT tool (either in the ConfigTool or
stand-alone), these files are currently being crafted by hand.  Of
course this process is prone to error, so we are all hoping for an MLT
replacement sometime in the future.

> for example:
> entry as:      section text 0 4 1 1 0 1 0 1 fini fini !
> >
> > how does the memory layout tool interpret the above? thanks
> >
> > ( section text  0 (?)    4 (?)    1 (?)      1 (?)      0 (?)      1 (?)
> 0 (?)     1 (?)      fini  (?)     fini (?)     ! (?)  )

|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |
| Gary Thomas              email:  gary.thomas@mind.be   |
| Mind ( http://mind.be )  tel:    +1 (970) 229-1963     |
| gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc       |