Specification for Redboot porting(Requirment)? Thanks

Hi all:
   Is there any specification (requirment) of the HAL for making the redboot
to work on another platform? Like which entry of the Virtual Vector must be
supplied? and What exception is required for the redboot(single step,
breakpoint, ie on arm it requires the undefined instruction exception for
breakpoint,single step,  retrieving the state of the processor(registers),
variables ... etc...)(Interfacing function or macro between HAL and Redboot
?) I was told from the list that I can get the information by reading the
ecos docs, but it seems not very complete(comprehensive).

Thanks a lot