Re: Help on reboot porting to EPXA1 board(Altera ExcaliburARM). Thanks

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 09:21, Qiang Huang wrote:
> Hi all:
>    I tried to develop a port for EPXA1 board(similar to Altera Excalibur
> (EPXA10) board). I used the code as the base and made the changes. when I
> download the redboot to the platform, (with the debug enable) I can see
> "ABCDEFGHIJ" (these outputs are from the PLATFORM_SETUP1 macro) , "gedcba"
> (these are the output from LED in vector.S)

This looks like an endian problem.

> I also checked that the console is mangled to comm_channel[0] while debug is
> on the comm_channel[1].  The output from the debug channel is ok but when I
> call diag_printf("Hello!");
> there is nothing.  putDebugChar (int c) is working properly. and when the
> reboot started it keeps sending out s series of strange strings as:
> $T0a0f:ec9c8001;0d:24bd8101;#1c    and whenever I typed the keyboard it
> reproduced this message again.  I have been playing with this problem for
> days and almost out of idea now, so could anyone give me a hand on this
> Thank you very much.

These aren't "strange" at all!  They come from GDB (many, many
messages in the archives about this!)

Try connecting to your board with GDB and it will tell you
what's up (hint: there was some sort of error, probably accessing
illegal memory or some such.  Get GDB to tell you the PC and then
poke around a bit to see why it happened and where)

--
|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |