Blocking while recv() with freebsd/openbsd tcp/ip-stack

Hello

I'm writing an ssl-server-stack for an amr-board. To be independent of the hardware I'm using at most the posix-functions.
so testing the code on a i386-linux system is ok.

Compiling the sources for the arm-bord with the freebsd or openbsd tcp/ip stack is ok. No errors.
After loading and continuing with arm-elf-gdb the software is starting.
A client sends the hello-packet and the server (arm-board with ecos/redboot) sends back the other handshake messages. After sending the server-hello-done packet I want to read 5 Bytes from the tcp-connection. But the server is blocking while I use the function recv(fd,buf,5,0) although the client writes some bytes in the meantime. If I use the MSG_NOWAIT-flag it isn't blocking but with wrong bytes.

It is strang because the server can read the first handshake message(client-hello) but after sending it can not read the other messages!

This problem doesn't occur on a i386-linux system.
Is this a buffer-problem (packets got lost)?
How should I test the program?

thanks a lot
roland

Content Security by MailMarshal