Re: eCos build fails when INET support is disabled

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 11:34:34AM -0000, Chris Garry wrote:
> eCos updated from CVS today.
> Hardware: E7T
> Template: net
> 'Samsung KS32C5000 ethernet driver package' added
> 'INET support' disabled in FreeBSD networking stack
> 'INET support' disabled in Basic networking framework

[..]

> Should it be possible to build eCos with INET disabled?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Thats a rather unusual setup. I guess nobody has done that before with
eCos. What are you trying to do? Run pure IPv6? or maybe run a system
with only the bridge but no IP stack above? No, that does not make
sense. FreeBSD does not have bridge code.

I think i would go back to the FreeBSD Unix sources and see if that
supports this configuration. If it does not, i suspect you are in for
an uphill battle.

   Andrew