From: Bob Koninckx [mailto:bob dot koninckx at mech dot kuleuven dot ac dot be]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 11:31 AM
To: Rycerz Roman-G11565
Cc: eCos Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Erratic insight/gdb behavior

Looks like debugging optimized code. Strange that you don't see it anywhere
else though.

Does it follow "more or less" the flow of execution. Then it is even more
likely that it has to do with optimization. If you see it stepping through
e.g. comments, object files and source code may have gotten out of sync.
Doing a complete rebuild is the easyest way to tackle this.

In the case of flash code, it may also have to do with relocation of the
code.

Bob

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 18:23, Rycerz Roman-G11565 wrote:
> Hi
>
>     I have been trying to debug support for a new flash.  insight/gdb
> works fine up till I start executing "_flash_query".
>     In this routine gdb no longer executes linearly, but jumps from line
> line , forward and back..... I see the same  	results in straigt gdb.
>
>     I am using insight 5.1 and gcc 2.95.2
>
>     Anyone one know why this is happening ?????
>

> Roman F. Rycerz
> Engr Section Manager
> Motorola PCSG

ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob dot koninckx at mech dot kuleuven dot ac dot be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma