Re: problem about ecos/mcf5272

     > hi all
     >  I am trying to build redboot/mcf5272 and i use
     >  ecos-v2-full-beta-snap-2003-03-10 downloaded from
     >  http://www.ecoscentric.com/snapshots. But when I use ecosconfig
     >  to make .ecc,an error was reported that an cdl parameter not
     >  correct in net driver cdl file. So I modifid it, then it said
     >  something conflicted.

     > I can do it for x86 pc and everything is ok.

     > Now I want to know if the version I have is right and if there
     > is some patch .

     > And I find out the mcf5272 files were added and May 2002.

I have just checked in a patch to the mcf5272 ethernet driver CDL,
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-03/msg00138.html
However this is a contributed port and right now it does not even
appear to build with the default template. It seems unlikely that
these problems will be resolved before the full v2.0 release.

Also, IIRC this port was eCos-only and does not have RedBoot support.
Instead you are supposed to be able to build eCos applications, turn
them into s-record files with objcopy, and then download them via the
existing dBUG monitor.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect