Re: Problem running redboot from eb40a

I was never able to successfully get redboot RAM to run after downloading it via angel. To get it up I ended up booting with angel to remap memory and then halted the processor with a Wiggler JTAG debugger. Then downloaded and ran the code via JTAG. It's been a while, but I think the Redboot RAM image may well have been linked to load in the same memory space as angel is using. Hmmm, from the info below it's loading text to 0x20040 which is probably ok (I don't remember the angel memory map). If you have a jtag unit, I'd suggest you use that (if you're looking for one the Wiggler is really cheap - doesn't work as well as many others but, well, was affordable!). Take a look at the linker .ld file (isn't that it install/lib? - away from everything right now) and make sure everything is being linked to load in the right places. You can also use arm-elf-objdump to dump the redboot elf image to see where it's expecting to load everything.

Shannon