Re: Re: A Build and a debug question

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 15:12, Geoff wrote:
> Hi Gary
>
> Q1)
> Re: the build warnings. They were mainly associated with the network stack
> files. I was just trying to ascertain if some warnings were to be expected.
> I thought it might be indicative that I had done something wrong in the OS
> build and hence might be related to my gdb problem
>

> Q2)
> Sorry for my unfamiliarity with this but I had not even spotted a section in
> the config tool for specifyng start up options. I think the gdb error
> appeared when I switched from the default package (no network stack) to the
> new_net package. Hopefully I am using a Ram Only start-up type on the Viper
> board. I have had a quick search through the docs but cant find much on
> start-up options.

The default startup type is RAM, which is what you mostly want.

Have you tried to build & run the standard tests?  This is a
good first step, to get used to the tools and also to verify
your installation.  Something as simple as:
  % ecosconfig new viper net
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make; make tests
Then try to run the tests found in "install/tests/..."

You could also look at some of the simple "hello world" examples.
These are in the examples directory, and there is good documentation
about how to build them.

Finally, you can try the [somewhat more ambitious] examples that
I've put together.  Look at:
  http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/

--
|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |