Re: Porting RedBoot to NEC V850 platform

Hi!

Thanks so much for all the input, I really appreciate it! Let me add
a few things:

Jonathan: I'll try gdb stub first and let you know if it works or if
problems did show up (I'm reading the list through the WWW archive on
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/ so I may be a bit slow to
respond, but that works very well for me).

Savin: Thanks for your hints! If you get back "home" _of course_ I
would like to look at your V850 RedBoot patches!

That said, I do know that V850 is not the latest and greatest of chips
compared to say the Intel Xscale or whatever, but our dept. is doing
mostly compact, fully-custom hardware solutions so I have no problem
with this, in fact having been an admin I'm used to running stuff for
200 people on a lowly P200. ;)

The kit I have here on my desk has 512K RAM and 512K flash plus some
more 128k of available internal flash, granted not really big. But if
RedBoot, eCos, GNU toolchain and most importantly the debugging works,
it will be no big deal to move the whole enchilada to much beefier
hardware for future projects.

Best Regards,
Stephan