Re: ecos timing issue

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 09:00:14AM +0530, Sathyanarayanan SAMPATHKUMAR wrote:
> If , I have mailed at a incorrect forum , then I apologise for the same
> and request for the e-mail id where I should put my question to.
>
> I was planning to consider eCos for one of our applications.
> Is it possible to know the Context switching time and Interrupt latency
> time of ecos for ARM7/ARM9 platform.

Take a look in the documentation:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/user-guide/ecos-user-guide.html

Find a target which is similar to yours and look at the "Real-time
Characteristics".

> 2) I believe that if I have to port the Linux protocols on eCos , then I
> need to have EL/IX layer which will give eCos the required posix
> interface.Where can I get the source code for EL/IX layer which will
> make eCos compatible to Linux ?

posix is part of the standard distribution. Just use the posix
template with ecosconfig. Note that this just gives you posix, not
Linux compatibility. Linux implements many other APIs. If your code
uses more than POSIX, ANSI libc and BSD sockets, you will have to make
changes.

        Andrew