Re: RedBoot and eCos application both using the same networkport

Larry Harmon wrote:
I am unable to use the same ethernet port for my app and debugging also.
I am using the PC/net template.
I built the PC/redboot to use an IP address of 192.168.1.222
I built the PC/net library to use full DHCP.
After downloading and starting my test app (basic1 from Massa's book) I see
ethernet startup messages
in the console window then the  "eth0 xxx: driver didn't set ifq_maxlen"
message.

I don't quite follow the discussion below, of what seems to be the same issue. Do I need to update my sources using CVS or do I need to hand edit files or both?

Either update from CVS, or hand edit to remove the printf from net/bsd_tcpip/current/src/sys/net/if.c

Jifl