Re: powerpc simulator as a GDB target in eCos

Chen-Chau Chu wrote:
So I started a new run of the config tool for powerpc
simulator as a target. Therefore was a conflict but automatic conflict resolution seems to work. But the
"build library" failed. When I compared the generated header files between the two attempts, I found

hal_arch.h intends to mimic real hardware when my target
is 8260 VADS, but hal_arch.h intends to mimic X86 when my
target is a simulator.  There are also constants defined
differently bwteen the two sides but following the same
spirit.  The problem is several data structures used in
hal_mk_defs.h are not defined at all when the target is
the simulator.  The build log also suggests a few header
files have certain macro with different definitions
(usually between pkgconf and hal)

This doesn't surprise me.

However this is the second time someone has reported a problem with hal_mk_defs and hal_arch.h. Hmm.... What cygwin version are you using? I wonder if something has broken there.

I have been search through documentation, FAQ and mailing
list for several hours but could not find a lead.
I am too new to eCos to really know my way around.
So perhaps this is a really trivial problem, but I am running out of clues.

Either I still have a conguration error, or there is a real issue.
It seems in general I should have posted a msg similar to this
one to the ecos-discuss.  But I decided to ask you first
anyway, and hope you don't get offeneded.

Mails should be sent to the list if you want an answer, and an answer isn't guaranteed. Support is something we sell: http://www.ecoscentric.com/support.html

Jifl