RE: Improvement to makemakefile script

Jonathan,

there are some more thougths about possible improvements
to the makemakefile script I would like to share with you
and of course anyone else who may care:

You rejeceted my use of $(command) in favor of `command`.
Does this mean you do not want bash-specific things to
be used (or is it even bash-specific, I'm not quite sure
about that)? On the other hand, the PACKAGEVER thing is
definitly very bash-specific, and not very well-designed
either, as it depends on the particular position of the
command-line argument.

I thought of using 'getopts' for argument parsing. This
would also allow for easy addition of more arguments.
One thing I find particularly desirable is the ability
to specify which doclist file to use. This would give us
full position independence. But I am afraid you would be
opposed to using 'getopts', too, or wouldn't you?

tk
Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62
22926 Ahrensburg
Germany

Tel +49 (4102) 463-390
Fax +49 (4102) 463-46390

mailto:Thomas dot Koeller at baslerweb dot com
http://www.baslerweb.com