Re: Improvement to makemakefile script

Doing eCos development requires a number of different things to be
installed - gcc, GNU binutils, Tcl/Tk, even more exotic stuff like
wxWindows. Building the HTML documentation requires jade, style
sheets, maybe even TeX and some macro packages.

Now bash is a pretty standard program that virtually everybody has,
or could easily install. I just can't see the point in taking any
pains, however small, just because there may be a remote possibility
of someone wanting to do eCos development on a system that has all
those software packages, but no bash.

I apologize for being this penetrant, but, as you rightfully stated,
it is a question of principle, and I'd like to point out that one
generally accepted principle of open source software development is
to build upon the work of others where it makes your work easier,
and not to re-invent the wheel. I'd say we should follow this principle,
too, don't you agree?

tk

--

Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62
22926 Ahrensburg
Germany

Phone	+49 (4102) 463-390
Fax	+49 (4102) 463-46390

mailto:thomas dot koeller at baslerweb dot com
http://www.baslerweb.com