Re: R: R: Trouble with loading an exe on Redboot (XScaleDBPXA250platform)

Pascal Pediroda @ Brime wrote:
In the little window that pops up I have :
Ymodem sector/kbytes sent: 0/ 0k Retry 0: NACK on sector
Rewtry 0: NACK on sector
Ymodem sector/kbytes sent: 3/ 0k Retry 0: Got 24 for sector
ACK
Retry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK
Retry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK
Retry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK

Does it seems to work correctly to you ?

Yes. Sometimes it has to retry a few times at the outset to get into sync, but then gets going. Definitely try and select the file quite quickly from the outset to give it more time to sync.

I would ask you to check that you're using a recent redboot, but I know you can't be if it's the DBPXA250 as that's a port Intel refuses to contribute, so it won't have many fixes. Hassle them about it. In the meantime you could try to merge in any fixes yourself from the public code base. Have a look at redboot's xyzmodem.c. I know intel have heavily customised their redboot package in general so you can't necessarily just substitute in the current redboot package.

You could also try xmodem instead of ymodem - if it fixes the problem, who cares.

Of course one possibility is that the serial can't keep up and you're dropping characters - you could try a lower baud rate, either with the baudrate command or you may have to recompile your redboot.

Or there may be some other problem causing character loss such as flaky hardware.

Jifl