Re: Can I use the dynamic memory allocation on the class object? Thanks a lot.

"QiangHuang" <jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk> writes:

> Thank you.
> from the command I can see:
> /c/altera/excalibur/sopc_builder/bin/arm-gnupro/arm9-020528/bin/../lib/gcc-l
> ib/arm-elf/2.96-arm9-020528/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld:
> is this not the right one? (This is the toolchain shipped with the Altera
> Excalibur board for ARM9)

It is probably the right one for the tools and libraries shipped with
the board. But 2.96 is now very old. For eCos we have moved on to a
3.2.1 based GCC. There are a number of significant changes between
the compilers such that it is very difficult to accomodate both at the
same time -- especially in toolchain-specific things like linker
scripts.

> BTW what is the eh_frame section used for?

It is part of the compiler's C++ exception handling mechanism.

> Or is the eh_frame is a pre-defined section according to the compiler or
> already included as subsection in any above section?
> Thanks a lot.

What actually happens is that the .eh_frame section gets garbage
collected out of the final link since there are no references to
it. This was not the case with the 2.96 compiler.