From: Øyvind Harboe [mailto:oyvind.harboe@zylin.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 9:11 AM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Setting breakpoints

Just a small addition to the last e-mail.

After a bit more tinkering, I tried to use the .data section.

It appears to work(i.e. my lamps are still flashing for
my app), and I can set breakpoint in ram without getting
error messages.

However, the debug information seems to be a bit confused.
I can set breakpoints in the source window of insight,
for the function I placed in the .data section, but the
red breakpoint icon does not appear. When I continue and
break and step, the program steps into the expected OS function
(for which I see source). Local variables do not show up.
When I did a arm-elf-objdump --disassemble, the code of
the function that I put in main, is no longer disassembled.
Presumably because arm-elf-objdump knows not to try to disassemble
the .data section.

Here is the warning I got when compiling:

/ecos-C/temp/ccpgULnw.s: Assembler messages:
/ecos-C/temp/ccpgULnw.s:17: Warning: ignoring changed section attributes
for .data

Øyvind