Re: IDT79RC334

James Robinson wrote:
Jonathan,
I was tring to do a build to see if I could do it. I wanted to run an old
sparc station 20, but I was going to rebuild under cygwin first to see how
hard it was. I think I am just going to say under cygwin for now ;-)

Ah yes, it's true we don't have prebuilts for a sparc :).

My plan is to take a app that is working under VxWorks and get the board to
boot and run the  same app, or one as close to it as possable.

If it makes vxWorks specific calls, obviously those would need translating into eCos calls.

Do you have a good starting point?
What about the book that the web site is touting....? any good?

Yes, the book is a good way to start with the principles etc. But also the eCos documentation of course!

Is there anyone using the port to the 79S334 form IDT?

I know people have asked about it before, so yes.

Jifl