RE: Re: How can I run ecos test case with ecos configuration tool(GUI)? Thanks a lot

Thanks John. so could you tell me which version of ecos configuration tool
(GUI on windows) should I use? thanks a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of John Dallaway
Sent: 14 June 2003 16:35
To: jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Re: How can I run ecos test case with ecos configuration
tool(GUI)? Thanks a lot

Hi Qiang

You wrote:

>   I have ported ecos to some custom platforms and I would like to run
> throught the ecos test case with ecos configuration tool. I have
> followed the instruction described in the ecos user guide.
> Builds-->Library/Tests, then Tools-->Run Tests, a dialogue prompted
> for adding the new platform, so I add the command prefix as: arm-elf.
> when came to the run test case dialogue all tests listed in the window
> are with .exe  extension, but in the /install tree/tests/xxx all the
> tests have been built without .exe extension. so when I click the Run
> button, error message came out: xxx.exe file is not a file. I tried
> renamming the test file to have the .exe extension and click the Run
> button again, it came out some other error message, if I try to use
> "Add" to add test files, the dialogue for adding test files always has
> a *.exe extension. Where is .exe came from?  I am using ecos
> configuration tool 2.11.

The configtool you are using assumes that Cygwin-hosted GNU tools always add
a .exe suffix to executable files. This is not the case for recent GNU
cross toolchains in their default configurations. Use the configtool which
ships with eCos 2.0 and all should be well.

> BTW how should I set the add platform? (Command prefix, Arguments for
> GDB, Inferior, Prompt?)

Use another hardware platform of the same architecture as an example.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited