Re: Re: Redboot builds correctly?

On Monday 16 Jun 2003 16:50, Gregg C Levine wrote:

> Perhaps I should have clarified my opening remarks. Redboot does build
> correctly, but this is using the GUI based configuration tool, and the
> resulting file, is indeed "redboot.elf". I examined the pulldown menus,
> regarding your suggestions, and I can't find them. I also examined the
> tree view displayed for the configuration file, and they don't seem to
> allow it. Oh there is a box for my requested file name, and type but it
> is greyed out. I'll keep looking.

The recommeded method for building RedBoot images uses the ecosconfig
command line tool as described in the eCos documentation. If you are
building RedBoot using the configtool, you will need to first select the
"i386 PC target" hardware template and the "redboot" packages template
using the Build->Templates dialog and then import the appropriate RedBoot
minimal configuration file (eg
c:\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-2.0\packages\hal\i386\pc\v2_0\misc\redboot_FLOPPY.ecm)
using the File->Import dialog.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited