[RedBoot] No diag_printf output from my PID board

Hello, all:

I'm trying to make eCos applications run in ARM development board(PID). Firstly, I downloaded RedBoot image with RAM startup mode to the board by means of a multi-ICE. Then I can trace the startup procedure of redboot. Unfortunately, there is no output information from neither Serial A or B of the board to my hyperterminal. Normally, there must be some version information as well as a "RedBoot>" prompt displayed.

I used the released 2.0 version of eCos repository to build this RAM startup RedBoot, and I make sure that the serial cable is connected properly. Still, the configuration for the hyperterminal is all right.

I just want to get familiar with the development course by means of this PID board. Now that eCos has been ported to PID and the eCos I am using is in a formal version, the problem confuses me. Can you give me any suggestion to solve this? Great thanks.

Best regards,
Young Jay