warm boot detection

Is there some way that I can detect if the platform has been cold booted or
warm booted?  It would be nice to avoid initializing several things based on
this.  The SDRAM scrubbing and any memory testing could be skipped.  Also any
chips that need to be skipped during a warm boot could be(I have a 21555 pci
bridge that needs to be skipped).

thanks,
--

Aaron Richardson