Re: help with "hello world" over redboot

Kai Yu wrote:
Hi,

I just started with eCos and Redboot. I have a Samsung SNDS board and I
loaded redboot on it with tftp support.

That's good. The default setup for SNDS in current CVS doesn't have the ethernet drivers.

> I can telnet and load image
onto it. When building the "hello world", I got two problem: 1. After
redboot boots up, the available ram is from 0x2exxx to 0x01000000, but
my "hello" need to be loaded to 0x020000

I changed the install/include/pkgconf/mlt_snds_ram.ldi: rom_vector from
0x0020000 to 0x0030000 to avoid this.

Am I righ?

Yes, since the default redboot didn't bank on including eth drivers. If you send a patch for the eth drivers you can include that too :-). But more changes are needed than that...

2. After load the hello binary onto SNDS board in redboot, "go" command
does not generate the expected result and I loss the redboot prompt
afterward.

What should I do the get the hello to run over the redboot?

It seems the SNDS has more problems with its MLT files than that. The fixed vectors should be at 0x20 in the RAM startup. and rom vectors can probably get away with being at 0x10000. Finally the data section should be at something like 0x8000 for ROM startup.

Once you get it working, do please share your patches with us here on how you made it work!

cd ecos/packages
cvs -q diff -u5 -p > snds.patch

would make something appropriate if you attach snds.patch to your mail.

Jifl