Re: Problems in compiling examples

Hi Michele

You wrote:

> Thanks, I found that the problem was that "cyg_type.h" and I converted it
> with dos2unix.
> Anyway in the mailing list archive there i thing I did not understand: How
> are the drive supposed to be mounted?
> In text mode? As user or as system?

The eCos source tree, build tree and install tree should all be under text
mode mounts. It does not matter if these are user mode (specific to one
user) or system mode (seen by all users) mounts. The configtool should
create these mount points as necessary. The underlying problem in this case
is that you are using an old version of the configtool which assumes that
the Cygwin 'mount' command uses text mode by default. This assumption is no
longer valid.

The latest version of the configtool (shipped with eCos 2.0) forces the
mount command to use text mode. I recommend that you use the Cygwin
'umount' command to remove any /ecos-* mounts created by the old configtool
and then switch to using the eCos 2.0 configtool.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited