Re: Can the g-threads run in eCos?

Boen Shieh <xiebuyun@x263.net> writes:

> Hi, All
>
> I have an application that was developed in linux and using g-threads which I now want it to be
> ported to eCos. And I find that eCos using cyg_threads, so my question is that will the g_threads
> run in eCos?

g-threads are specific to GLIB. Since eCos does not support GLIB we do
not support them, and since they are a non-standard API specific to
one C library implementation, it is unlikely we ever will.

If you want portability then you should use POSIX threads, which are
supported in both eCos and Linux. Alternatively you can just implement
a compatibility layer behind the g_thread interface.