ELF redboot with COFF linux image

Hi All,

I'm in a situation where I have redboot image which is in elf format for our custom board (PXA255 based) and the linux kernel+apps in coff format. I don't think an ELF application can start an application which is in COFF format.

Can redboot be built in COFF format? If yes, do I need to build the toolchain for PXA255 processor or is it downloadable somewhere?
The Linux kernel+apps image I have is hard to change to ELF format, because third party libraries that some of the applications are using are in coff format.

Did anyone face similar problem before? I'd be glad to hear how you solved and any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Raghu