Re: Im new! Allow me to introduce myself...

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 09:38, wrote:
> Im a student at the university of california, irvine,
> studying digital design.  Im totally new to all of this
> but Im fascinated by all the possibilities!
>
> The way I found eCos was through Charmedlabs' Xport
> GBA development board. eCos can be ran on the
> Gameboy's ARM processor, a very cool idea, IMHO!
>
> So since the Gameboy has a tft screen I was thinking
> if its possible for Microwindows to be displayed on
> it.
>
> I installed Cygwin, and the eCos development package
> (version 1.3 net), but it doesnt have microwindows
> as one of the packages available.

Of course not - it's more than two years old!  Get the latest
version, preferably from CVS.

> Is there a way I can add the microwindows package
> manually such that the configuration tool sees it?
>
> Im sure its not trivial, but does anyone know whats
> steps are basically involved in porting Microwindows
> to a non i386 hardware running eCos?

Look at some of the other platforms which do have MicroWindows
support, including touch screen displays, etc.  Good examples
would be the iPAQ and AAED2000.

Note: it would be polite to have your name spelled out alongside
your email address.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>