PCI Ethernet card

Hi,

Can somebody suggest be a ethernet card, that can go with my Atlas board (has a 33MHz, PCI slot). And for which eCOS has a driver. - Available out of Fry's or circuit city kinda shores.

Dumb Questions:
1. Can any Ethernet card available in the market be used with my board?
2. What specs should I look for when considering one?
3. And about the config registers & all other registers viewable over PCI & their details for the particular card; will that be provided by the manufacturer? So, if there is an Ethernet card that eCOS supports, please let me know.

This is just for learning purposes.

Thanks,
-Mike.